A journal of my discoveries in the world of technological innovation in education, through the 12:21 course and forays into the wonderful world of blogs, wiki's, websites, and who knows what else!?

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sites that allow teachers to make their own educational games!

The approaching holidays are difficult for many of my students.  I notice that their attention wanders, their behavior unravels, and their capacity for learning new material decreased dramatically.  So, when I found this site, which will allow me to make educational games, I was very excited!  My kids used Sheppard Software earlier this year to learn their states, capitals and Canadian Provinces, and StudyStack.com to study for their recent Social Studies test.  Now, if they can play while learning their spelling, vocabulary, homonyms, heat and energy, ancient civilizations, or ecology, won't that be more fun!?

I'll let you know how it goes and post links on my portaportal.  If you try any sites, let me know too!

Happy holidays!

1 comment:

  1. You are creating such terrific study skill strategies with technology, Maggie! Good for you.
    I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with family, friends, and turkey.

    Nice to see you online:0)

    ReplyDelete